Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations...
I was reading through this Psalm and this verse stuck out to me more than usual. I mean, we hear the song from this verse (how does that song go again?) and we, well i begin to slow my thoughts and focus on HIS face. One of my great friends quotes Psalm 27:8 When You said, " Seek My face," my heart said to You,"Your face, O LORD, I shall seek."
But in Psalm 46:10 the word still there is the Hebrew word RAPHA... not to be confused with ROPHE. RAPHA means to slacken (in many applications, literal or figurative):--abate, cease, consume, draw (toward evening), fail, be faint, be or too wax feeble, forsake, idle, leave, let alone go down, be slack, stay, be still, be slothful, be weaken. So I read that and thought of a sniper. When a person is being held hostage by a gunman the one thing they want you to do is go totally limp. So God is telling David, "Be still and know the I AM GOD". Let go of it drop yourself and move away from the controls I'M driving. We loose ourselves and give up control to gain HIM.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment